Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAM220IP Night View Issue
05-31-17, 11:33 AM
CAM220IP Night View Issue
I have both a CAM200IP and CAM220IP camera installed on my boat and connected via an HS5 switch to 3 MFD's (a128, a78 & a78) The daytime image is perfect on both cameras but the nightime image on the CAM220IP is all washed out and I can barely identify what I am looking at. The CAM200IP night image is almost perfect. Not sure if I have a defective camera or if there are any settings to address this? I have tried all settings via the MFD but nothing made any real changes. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-17, 12:34 PM
RE: CAM220IP Night View Issue
JNelson90,

Unfortunately given the symptoms reported, it would appear that your CAM220 has suffered a failure necessitating that the camera be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
10-01-17, 07:03 AM
i have same problem with night-vision not working and shows a washed out image. what was final conclusion on this issue?
10-02-17, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

Please attach a screen snapshot of the imaging produced by the problematic CAM220IP.
10-16-17, 07:45 AM
Please see the attached photos showing both cameras look fine in daylight but only the CAM200IP looks good at night. The CAM220IP is totally washed out and you can barely make out the bow of my boat. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks - Jeff

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-16-17, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-17 08:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Jeff,

Upon examining the screen capture, there appears to be a fault with the IP camera's IR LEDs. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the camera be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.