Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam 100
09-27-17, 12:13 PM
Cam 100
Good afternoon. This is my first Post so I hope I am doing it correctly.

I currently have 4 Cam 100 cameras on my boat, 3 to provide visibility aft and one in the engine room. I am also considering installing 2 or 3 more cameras to provide overall view of interior and exterior for security purposes.

I am looking at options other than an MFD to connect the cameras so that I can view individual or multiple cameras on a monitor. Currently, the setup allows single camera view on a TV. I really want multiple camera views when I am backing in a slip.

As I have researched various options, it seems I need a DVR to connect the cameras and then connect the DVR via an HDMI cord to a monitor for viewing purposes. Then it seems I may need a 4g LTE modem to allow me to access cameras via the internet. I believe some DVR's do allow provide via iPhone so I'll need to research that further.

Do any forum members have any first hand experience or ideas on how I can accomplish my objectives? Thank you.. Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-17, 10:06 AM
RE: Cam 100
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

Q. As I have researched various options, it seems I need a DVR to connect the cameras and then connect the DVR via an HDMI cord to a monitor for viewing purposes. Then it seems I may need a 4g LTE modem to allow me to access cameras via the internet. I believe some DVR's do allow provide via iPhone so I'll need to research that further.
A. What model of MFD(s) is presently installed onboard the vessel?
09-29-17, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-17 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
R. I have a desk top computer running Coastal Explorer software. I know I can connect cameras to that monitor but, I would rather have a separate monitor so I don't have to rotate between camera and navigation. A. Sorry, I neglected to mention the monitors are Nauticomp.
09-29-17, 10:44 AM
Photoman41,

Were the camera video to be viewed on a Raymarine a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or Axiom MFD, then the approach found within the FAQ found here would be recommended to encode the video to IP. However, given that that you will be directly feeding the video to monitor, it is recommended that you determine the types of video interface supported by the monitor and then consult a company specializing an A/V components capable of combining the video from your NTSC CAM100s to produce a single video feed with four panes which is supported by your monitor. Perhaps another member of this forum has a recommendation from a positive experience with such an A/V component.
09-29-17, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-17 12:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
R. Thank you for your feedback.
09-29-17, 12:27 PM
You're welcome.