Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
analog wind transducer cable
05-31-17, 02:51 PM
analog wind transducer cable
Is there a catalog number for wind transducer cable, can it be ordered or is there an industrial description and why or what is the reason for not increasing the Rotavecta cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-17, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-17 03:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: analog wind transducer cable
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Baingd,

The cable of a Rotavecta wind transducer should not be extended or signal loss / performance may be adversely affected. Accordingly, it would be necessary to move the wind instrument or iTC-5 within the length of the cable supplied with the Rotavecta. Wind data from an instrument display which has been interfaced to the Rotavecta may be repeated to another compatible wind instrument. Please additional note that the Rotaveta wind transducer is exclusively recommended for use onboard power driven vessels.
06-07-17, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-17 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
To make sure I understand your final comment. If I were to install another i40 wind instrument it could receive the info (repeated) from the original instrument installed within the length of the cable?

On another note the length of the cable that comes with the rotavecta does sort of imply that it is for shorter setups and perhaps should really state in the ads that they are for powerboats, or smaller rigs. I liked the design of it and also the fact that it did not stick out from the front of the mast. Most of these that stick out become an annual replacement component when you remove the mast for winter storage.
06-07-17, 09:56 AM
Baingd,

Q1. If I were to install another i40 wind instrument it could receive the info (repeated) from the original instrument installed within the length of the cable?
A1. Should the Rotavecta transducer be interfaced to in i40 Wind Instrument and this instrument in turn be interfaced to a powered SeaTalk bus to which another i40 Wind Instrument has been interfaced, then the second i40 Wind Instrument may indeed be configured to be a repeater and will then display wind data from the i40 Wind Instrument which has been directly connected to the Rotavecta transducer. Calibration of the Rotavecta transducer would accordingly need to occur via the i40 Wind Instrument which has been directly connected to the Rotavecta transducer.