Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Partial and Full Upgrade
06-02-17, 01:52 PM
Help With Partial and Full Upgrade
I am about to upgrade my C80 classic to an Axiom 9 and the ST6002/S1/MK2 wheel pilot to the Evolution EV-1 Sail (full kit). I’m considering upgrading the ST60+ wind, depth and speed displays to the i60 and i50s as well. Can the MFD flash all of these instruments?

Are my diagrams for these upgrades correct? Also, given a full upgrade, can the C80 still sit on the STng bus as a repeater? The system is in a 2008 Hunter 36 sailboat with the existing Raymarine system installed at the factory and dealer. My purchase time frame is within the next few days. Sweet!
Thanks
Dan Y.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-17, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-17 02:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Help With Partial and Full Upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

While the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs can update the software within many Raymarine products having a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 or Ethernet communications interface, the initial release of LightHouse 3 software for Axiom MFDs does not support such updates. LightHouse 3 software updates for Axiom MFDs are expected to be released at approximately quarterly intervals and this high prior feature has been scheduled for inclusion within one of the first updates for the Axiom MFDs. Should the equipment be purchased prior to the inclusion of a LightHouse 3 software update adding this capability, then it would be recommended that the dealer be instructed to verify the software level of each of the devices being purchased and to update any which do not have current software installed within them. Should the equipment be installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer, then the installer will likewise be able to perform any software updates to the system's Raymarine products.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
07-05-17, 03:35 PM
Hi Chuck,

When I purchased the Axiom, I was told by the factory REP that it could do dock to dock, update via wireless and talk to my IPad. Nowhere in the conversation did he say that these features would not be usable when the unit was released. I talked to support today and they said they don't no when these features would be available. I bought and activated all the Navionic software and now it appears I wont be able to use it this boating season. Is Raymarine going to address these issues with customers?

Chris
07-06-17, 08:29 AM
Chris,

Please accept our apologies for not including support for waypoint/route synchronization within the initial release of LightHouse 3 software for the Axiom MFDs.
It was likely the intention of the the rep to indicate that through future software updates, the feature set of Axiom MFDs will equal or exceed those of MFDs running LightHouse II software. Should you be unable to wait for this capability to be added to the feature set of LightHouse 3 for Axiom MFDs, then it is recommended that Raymarine's Warranty Manager be contacted at 603.324.7900 or warranty@raymarine.com.
08-24-17, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-17 03:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Is there any indication as to when the waypoint/route synchronization features will be made available to the Axiom products? We purchased two Axiom 12s for our Sea Ray with the knowledge that not all features would be available however it would be nice to know if Raymarine has a timeline for the release of these essential features, including the ability to update the Navionics charts via wifi.

Thank you,
Sandy
08-24-17, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sandy,

Please click here to the LightHouse 3 FAQs web page, which among other items lists many of the high priority features to be implemented within the upcoming LightHouse 3 releases along with the current schedule (subject to change) for these software release. While Raymarine has not specified which of these releases will include the Plotter Synch feature (synchronizes waypoint, route, and track data between the Navionics Boating app and Wi-Fi equipped Raymarine MFDs).