Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
es series transducer
06-02-17, 07:16 PM
es series transducer
Im looking at purchasing a new chart plotter/fishfinder and was considering the es78 series but just had a few questions about it. Is there a in hull transducer available for it? If so would there be any loss in performance as apposed to a transom mount?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-17, 10:33 AM
RE: es series transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum coastal198,

Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer in-hull DownVision transducers. DownVision Transducers are designed to be in direct contact with the water. Accordingly, Raymarine only offers transom mounted and thru-hull versions of these transducer. Should an in-hull transducer be required/desired then it would be recommended that an eSx7 MFD with an A66089 M260 (adapted with E66066) In-Hull Transducer or an A80170 P79 In-Hull Transducer be installed.
11-16-17, 04:50 AM
Dear Suppot

I have one eS78 MFD and I will like to install it on a Sailboat (43 feet hunter), I know that I need a thru hull transducer, which transducer do you recommend to install for a sailboat that will work with the eS78?
11-16-17, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cproano,

Two transducer options would be recommended for this application:
- E70339 CPT-S plastic through hull 0° angled element single channel high CHIRP sonar transducer
- A80350 CPT-120 (Bronze) DownVision Transducer Through-Hull. This transducer supports both single channel high CHIRP sonar and DownVision sonar.