Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind Vane
03-09-16, 01:19 PM
Wind Vane
I have purchased an ES127, still in the box. I am installing a radar, and I am thinking of adding a wind vane E22078 while the mast is down on my trawler. Can I connect this directly to the backbone or do I need a ITC-5 or I40 instrument or something else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-16, 02:08 PM
RE: Wind Vane
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum olegreg,

It is not possible to interface an analog wind transducer directly to a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. The analog wind vane referenced would need to be interfaced to an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Transducer Converter and the SeaTalkng backbone would additionally need to include an i70 Multifunction Instrument Display (MFID) to calibrate the wind transducer. Raymarine does not offer any SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 wind transducers nor are its products designed to calibrate third party NMEA 2000 transducers.
03-09-16, 02:16 PM
(03-09-16 02:08 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Welcome to the Raymarine Forum olegreg,

It is not possible to interface an analog wind transducer directly to a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. The analog wind vane referenced would need to be interfaced to an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Transducer Converter and the SeaTalkng backbone would additionally need to include an i70 Multifunction Instrument Display (MFID) to calibrate the wind transducer. Raymarine does not offer any SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 wind transducers nor are its products designed to calibrate third party NMEA 2000 transducers.

Thanks,
Since I already have the MFD, can I use an I60 or I40?
03-09-16, 04:50 PM
Thanks,
Since I already have the MFD, can I use an I60 or I40?
03-09-16, 04:54 PM
Per the earlier response, the E22078 Wind Vane is not compatible with an i40 Wind Instrument Display. The E22078 Wind Vane may be directly connected to an i60 Wind Instrument Display which will in turn be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD will be also interfaced as a spur. Alternatively, the E22078 Wind Vane may be directly connected to an iTC-5 which will in turn be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD and an i70 Instrument Display will be also interfaced as spurs.