Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import waypoints into axiom
06-05-17, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-17 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Import waypoints into axiom
Is it possible to import my "numbers" to my axiom 9? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-17, 08:58 AM
RE: Import waypoints into axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Cagillis70,

As with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which preceded them, the Axiom MFDs are designed to import waypoint, route, and track data from GPX files copied onto a microSD memory card. This subject is covered in detail within Section 4.5 My data of the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operation Instructions.
06-08-17, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-17 02:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. Wanted to give an update as I imported my numbers today. The file size was around 600kb and took forever to import. After 15 minutes I decided to cancel the operation. When I tried to go back in to try the import again the axiom froze and rebooted itself. Upon reboot all my data previously imported was there and accessible. The operation worked but there is obviously a software bug. Is there anyway to be a beta tester for upcoming software updates? Id be interedted if so. Thanks.
06-08-17, 02:55 PM
Cagillis70,

Generally, the symptom reported would be the result of attempting to import from a GPX file containing waypoints, routes, or tracks violating the constraints documented here. Should you believe that the data within your GPX file does not violate these constraints, I would be pleased to review it and post a problem report should a problem be identified with the Axiom MFD's software. Simply add your GPX file as an attachment to your response to this thread.
06-09-17, 12:41 PM
Here is the file in question. Came from my original dragonfly with current software.
06-09-17, 02:03 PM
Cagillis70,

Please note that I was successful in importing the waypoints from your Archive_01_01_2000.gpx file into an Axiom MFD running LightHouse 3 v3.0.66 software. The import was completed almost immediately after having commanded the MFD. All 59 waypoints imported successfully. Should you not already have updated your MFD with the LightHouse 3 v3.0.66 update for Axiom MFDs to address the reported problem. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it is recommended that another microSD memory card (microSD memory card up to 32GB are compatible) be used with the Axiom MFD. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the MFD along with the microSD memory card containing your waypoint data be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
09-08-17, 04:58 PM
I am having very a similar problem. Could you take a look at my file? I made the adjustments which should have met the constraints in your detailed instructions. It loaded about 100 of my points then fails to import anything else. I have considered hand jamming the points but that would take forever.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use an Axiom 9 RV and have the most recent software updated.
09-12-17, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-17 10:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum awhtlhntr78,

Actually, several of the waypoints violate the name length constraint (ex. EGLIN AIR FORCE BARGE, F6F HELLCAT/GREENS, FORT PICKENS JETTYS, FRANGISTA BEACH CULVERTS, etc.). There are also several waypoints featuring special characters other than those recommended within the Constraints FAQ (ex. "(", "?", "*", etc.).