Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E95 Date Wrong
06-05-17, 08:10 PM
E95 Date Wrong
I cannot find a way to change the date on my MFD. I have the time corrected but no date option. The only GPS source is the E95. The current date displayed is a month and one day off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-17, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-17 08:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E95 Date Wrong
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dennis,

It is recommended that you verify that your Raymarine equipment has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. If so, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. I suspect that the problem may be resulting from a data loop. These commonly occur when NMEA 0183 devices have not been correctly interfaced to the system, have been incorrectly configured to loop data received via their NMEA 0183 port, or the design of the NMEA 0183 device loops data but is not user configurable. Such loops can occur through other means as well.
Should you provided a system diagram listing each of the make/model of each of the devices which have been interfaced to your marine electronics system and identifying how these devices have been interfaced to one another, then we may be able to advise regarding how to correct the problem.
06-08-17, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-17 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Software up to date. Attached is schematic.
06-08-17, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-17 10:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dennis,

Upon examination of your diagram, a problem has been identified with the installation which may result in a ground loop. The connection between the ST60 Depth and Power should be removed. The ST60 Instruments will receive data from the SeaTalkng backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Should the problem persist after having disconnected the specified cable from the ST60 Depth Instrument and then switching power OFF and then ON again to the system, then please respond with the Diagnostics...html file from the system. Your diagram is also not quite complete in that it does not show how the autopilot components and termination at the autopilot end of the backbone has been installed. Please additionally specify whether the MFD which has been designated via the Data Sources (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) feature to be the system's source of GPS data has been installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.