Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine T121 issues
06-13-17, 08:56 AM
Raymarine T121 issues
I have a T905 depth sensor with a T121/122 hull transmitter as part of my wireless setup which includes a wind speed/direction sensor and 2 displays One display is for for wind and the other is a multi-function display. Last year the depth display stopped working - it would always show 3 dashes, nothing else. I assumed the sensor had gone bad. I purchased another T905 and installed the sensor only to find that my display still reads --- for the depth.

I know that the hull transmitter is part of my network because when I switch off power to it, the displays inform me that there is no voltage going to it. I have tried testing the connections on the hull transmitter for voltage, but I get nothing, no matter the combination of wires I choose (blue,black,gray).

How can I verify that the transducer is working and that the depth connection for the hull transmitter is working? Having already replaced the transducer, I do not want to throw good money after bad.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-17, 02:19 PM
RE: Raymarine T121 issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum southerncross,

Given the symptoms and actions taken to correct the problem, it is recommended Hull Transmitter T121 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
06-19-17, 10:23 AM
Chuck,

What do I do? Just send it back to the center in New Hampshire with a note?
06-19-17, 11:04 AM
southerncross,

Indeed, one need simply send the product to Raymarine's Product Center along with a brief note describing the problem and your contact/shipping information.