Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom and DSC
07-03-17, 10:04 AM
Axiom and DSC
Hi,

I have an Axiom MFD with an Icom IC-M504. They are connecting using an Actisense NGW-1-STNG bridging the Icom's NEMA 0183 to the SeatalkNG backbone.

The Icom is receiving the GPS data from the Axiom but the Axiom is not placing waypoints when the Icom sends GPS coordinates after a DSC position request. I am pretty sure the NGW1 is sending the data into the SeatalkNG network. Is this not supported with the Axiom (yet)?

-Ruder
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-17, 10:52 AM
RE: Axiom and DSC
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ruder,

I believe that should you examine the list of NMEA 0183 sentence identifiers supported by the Actisense NGW-1, you will find that the DSC and DSE NMEA 0183 sentence identifiers are not listed. These are the NMEA 0183 sentence identifiers responsible for providing NMEA 0183 DSC reports to NMEA 0183 listeners. While it may be possible that another manufacturer's NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device offers support for the NMEA 0183 DSC and DSE sentence identifiers, I am presently unaware of any such device offering support for these NMEA 0183 sentence identifiers.
07-05-17, 03:00 PM
Thanks Chuck. I came to the same conclusion over the weekend.

They said as of May 2017 that they are working on a firmware update that includes the DSC and DSE sentences.
07-05-17, 03:04 PM
You're welcome.