Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get engine data to my E7D?
08-17-16, 02:14 PM
RE: How to get engine data to my E7D?
Noted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-16, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-16 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
When I hit Select Device it shows the info for my e7D, CP370 and says Raymarine E70227 ECI-100, S/N 0850374, Network STng software 1.20
08-18-16, 08:40 AM
tmoney316,

Thanks for confirming that the ECI-100 has the latest software installed within its memory. Section 6.5 - Troubleshooting of the ECI-100 Installation Guide provides a complete list of the meaning of the LED color/flash interval of the ECI-100's Status LEDs. The troubleshooting information does not include a state where both LEDs are illuminated constantly green. Look at the diagnostics LEDs of the ECI-100.
• During power up the LEDs will be illuminated red (power up usually takes approximately 6 seconds).
• During normal operation the LED should flash green once every 15 seconds.

Should you examine the operation of the Status LED again and report on the flash interval of its LEDs and their color, then we may be able to provide further assistance.
08-18-16, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-16 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK, I'll check it out after work today. Thanks.
08-18-16, 08:56 AM
You're welcome.
08-18-16, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-16 07:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So, I just checked it when I have my engine started & both lights flash green every 15sec, but it keeps saying no engine data detected when I run the engine setup? Is there another setting within the MFD that I need to change to get it to find my engine? Thanks.
08-19-16, 07:30 AM
tmoney316,

The only other setting which need be configured is to specify the number of engines within the Boat Details.
08-19-16, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-16 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok, I had that set to one, since I only have a single engine. I have NMEA Outputs all set to "ON", is that correct? Also, Bridge NMEA Hdg is set to "ON" and NMEA Input Port 1 and 2 are NMEA 4800, are those correct as well? Not sure why it's not finding the engine. Do I need to have a Yamaha Gateway installed to, I was under the impression that I didn't need to buy that? Thanks.
08-19-16, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-16 11:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
tmoney316,

Q1: I have NMEA Outputs all set to "ON", is that correct?
A1: The NMEA Output settings which you are refering to are more specifically NMEA 0183 sentence output control and have not impact upon engine data communications. The Data Master MFD communicates with SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices (i.e. the ECI-100) exclusively via its SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 port. There are no configuration settings, other than Data Master designation, which control whether this port is ON or OFF

Q2: Also, Bridge NMEA Hdg is set to "ON" and NMEA Input Port 1 and 2 are NMEA 4800, are those correct as well? Not sure why it's not finding the engine.
A2: There are few, if any, instances where it would be recommended that NMEA Heading data be bridged ... correspondingly it is recommended that this setting be configured OFF. The MFD's NMEA 0183 ports are not involved in any way, and as such, there configuration settings would have no impact upon reception of engine data.

Q3. Do I need to have a Yamaha Gateway installed to, I was under the impression that I didn't need to buy that?
A3. No. The ECI-100 is designed to be an alternative to the Yamaha Engine Gateway. That said, should the ECI-100 not be working for you, then you may want to try replacing the ECI-100 with Yamaha's NMEA 2000 engine gateway. Should there be any concern that the ECI-100 may not be operational, then it would be recommended that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-19-16, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-16 11:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So, do you think I need to send in the e7D, ECI-100, and the SeaTalk 5 port backbone in for service? Do you know if there is a Raymarine service technician in central Florida that I could just take my boat to and have them look at it, so I don't have to take everything out, package it up, and ship it? My zip code is 32738 to see if you can find a local certified technician for me. Thanks again for any more help you can give me.