Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 7 Transducers
06-21-17, 06:58 PM
Axiom 7 Transducers
I bought and installed AXIOM 7 Chartplotter/Multi-function Display with LightHouse Coastal Vector Charts. I bought the base models without downvision or realvision, because I thought those came with a transom mount transducer and I wanted to add an in-hull transducer separately.

Did I screw up, is it possible to add a transducer to a base model Axiom?

It's installed on a day cruiser so all that's needed is depth not fish finding.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-17, 09:48 AM
RE: Axiom 7 Transducers
Bob,

In addition to screen size differences and cartography bundles, Axiom MFDs are available without internal fishfinder ciruitry, with internal DownVision fishfinder ciruitry, and with internal RealVision 3Dâ„¢ fishifnder circuitry. Should an Axiom MFD lacking internal RealVision 3Dâ„¢ fishfinder circuitry have been installed onboard, then the only present way to add RealVision 3Dâ„¢ fishfinding feature to the system would be to:
- interface the currently installed Axiom MFD lacking internal fishfinder circuitry to an Axiom MFD having internal RealVision 3Dâ„¢ fishfinding circuitry which has been mated to a RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducer (s) or
- replace the currently installed Axiom MFD lacking internal fishfinder circuitry with an Axiom MFD having internal RealVision 3Dâ„¢ fishfinding circuitry which has been mated to a RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducer(s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply