Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yanmar 4JH80 Engine Data to E-Series Classic MFDs
06-22-17, 12:49 AM
Yanmar 4JH80 Engine Data to E-Series Classic MFDs
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to display engine data from a new Yanmar 4JH80 engine on the E80/E120 MFDs.

From all the research done here, it appears I need an ECI-100 to connect the engine NEMA 2000 connection to the SeatalkNG bus.

However, when I look at the ECI-100 information online I am not clear if it will be compatible with the E80/E120 software to display the engine data.

I should also mention that the E80 & E120 are directly connected via Seatalk HS port.

I've read that the latest software upgrade (5.69, which I have installed) makes the SeaTalk2 port a SeaTalkng port and that the MFDs should be connected via SeaTalkng backbone.

Will the SeaTalk HS connection between the two MFDs make a difference in what I am trying to do as long as I have a SeaTalkng backbone and the correct SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converters in place as well?

Thanks!

Wil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-17, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-17 09:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Yanmar 4JH80 Engine Data to E-Series Classic MFDs
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wil,

Q1. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to display engine data from a new Yanmar 4JH80 engine on the E80/E120 MFDs. From all the research done here, it appears I need an ECI-100 to connect the engine NEMA 2000 connection to the SeatalkNG bus.
However, when I look at the ECI-100 information online I am not clear if it will be compatible with the E80/E120 software to display the engine data.

A1. An ECI-100 may indeed be used with a C/E-Series Classic MFD or C/E-Series Widescreen MFD. The ECI-100 and MFD would each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to construct a simple SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. The SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 port of the Data Master MFD may be connected to the backbone's spur socket by using the A06061 E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable.
06-22-17, 11:13 AM
Chuck, can I leave the E80/E120 directly connected to each other via the HS ports and connect one of them to the SeaTalkng backbone along with the ECI-100?
06-22-17, 12:58 PM
Wil,

Q1. Can I leave the E80/E120 directly connected to each other via the HS ports and connect one of them to the SeaTalkng backbone along with the ECI-100?

A1. Yes. Per my initial response, the SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 port of the Data Master MFD may be connected to the backbone's spur socket by using the A06061 E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable.
07-05-17, 08:44 AM
Chuck, can I also disconnect the HS cable between the E80 and E120 and connect them both to the SeatlkNG backbone, using cable A06061 as you described, or is it best to have the E80/E120 attached directly to each other via the HS connection?
07-05-17, 08:56 AM
Wil,

The E80 and E120 must be interfaced to one another via Ethernet communications in order to share all system data and resources (except for NTSC/PAL video). Only the system's Data Master MFD will support SeaTalk and SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications, but will share this data with other networked MFDs.