Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command Link interface
08-14-17, 01:48 PM
RE: Command Link interface
I was successful in pairing the Axiom MFD with the engine by adding a cable to the Yamaha Bus Bar that interfaced with the E unit from Raymarine. Then I interfaced the E unit to the NMEA 2000 backbone. I can't comment on your particular setup, however it worked for me as discussed above.

The Raymarine Engine Detection Wizard couldn't be easier once the proper cabling is connected correctly.

Chuck, I'm assuming I should call Yamaha support if I'm not able to access all engine data on my MFD? At this time I can only see RPM, oil temp, pressure and fuel levels. No information is displayed regarding battery (alternator output I assume), etc...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-17, 03:27 PM
RE: Command Link interface
Angler Management,

Q. I'm assuming I should call Yamaha support if I'm not able to access all engine data on my MFD? At this time I can only see RPM, oil temp, pressure and fuel levels. No information is displayed regarding battery (alternator output I assume), etc...
A. Possibly. Were a technician to tackle this issue, the technician would interface a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/NMEA Reader PC software) to determine what data is actually present on the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the MFD not be displaying a supported engine data item for which data has been determined to be present, then Raymarine should be contacted. Should an expected data item not be present on the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone as determined using such an analyzer, then the engine manufacturer should be contacted accordingly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply