Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eS78 MFD Doc to Doc Routing-not working sonar fish finder needs help too
06-30-17, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-17 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
eS78 MFD Doc to Doc Routing-not working sonar fish finder needs help too
I have an eS78, upgraded two weeks ago, renewed navionics for another year, retried auto routing or doc to doc but it still takes me over land and uses direct route. I tried using to shortest distance with minimal turns as instructed via phone conversation (w/Chuck). It takes a lot more time to load then says route is complete but NG. A couple times it shut down, the Raymarine screen came up like when you first turn it on then rebooted. The chart plotter works and the waypoints are on target but if i didn't know the area I'd be in trouble. Underway at cruising speeds it maintains the true depth and heading so I'm good with that.

The sonar Fish finder isn't finding the fish, CPT120 transducer. This is my second season with this unit, I thought it was me, but I'm not so sure.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-17, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-17 01:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: eS78 MFD Doc to Doc Routing-not working sonar fish finder needs help too
TheOiler,

Q1. I have an eS78, upgraded two weeks ago, renewed navionics for another year, retried auto routing or doc to doc but it still takes me over land and uses direct route. I tried using to shortest distance with minimal turns as instructed via phone conversation (w/Chuck). It takes a lot more time to load then says route is complete but NG.

A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. A couple times it shut down, the Raymarine screen came up like when you first turn it on then rebooted.

A2. The MFD should most definitely not reboot when performing any function. This symptom may be indicative a problem with the chart card, with the MFD's memory reader, or a problem within the software configuration. The latter may be addressed by backing up any waypoint, route, or track data which is of value, performing a System Settings and Data Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTTINGS AND DATA RESET) and then manually configuring your system. Should the problem persist, then please respond with the following in order that we may attempt to duplicate the problem:
- type of Navionics chart card
- date of last Freshest Data update to the chart card's nautical charts and to the SonarCharts
- Boat details: minimum safe depth, minimum safe height, and minimum safe beam configuration settings
- Coordinates of the automatically generated route's first waypoint and second (last) waypoint.

Q3. The sonar Fish finder isn't finding the fish, CPT120 transducer.
A2. What is the deepest depth of the water which is being fished? When seeking fish, have you configured the Fishfinder application to display the CHIRP sonar rather than DownVision sonar when seeking locate fish? Does the problem manifest itself when operating at trolling speeds? If so and fishing in depths less than 600', then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
07-05-17, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-17 12:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I'm having more problems now, actually after the last update or upgrade the system has been taking longer to show charts or the fish finder. Sometimes when I go to the home screen and choose an icon either charts or fish finder the system freezes where I can't scroll across or down. Then it finally decides to open charts and the hour glass/Timer shows three times and only half the screen shows up. Finally I get the whole screen and try to zoom in or out and stalls again.
I would like to delete the last upgrade and go back to the previous, is that Possible? The new one starts with 19 not sure the rest of the ID, don't want to search now afraid i might loose this post. I really don't want to send this unit to the repair center and wait a month, is there an exchange program/
07-05-17, 12:45 PM
TheOiler,

Q1. The system has been taking longer to show charts or the fish finder. Sometimes when I go to the home screen and choose an icon either charts or fish finder the system freezes where I can't scroll across or down. Then it finally decides to open charts and the hour glass/Timer shows three times and only half the screen shows up. Finally I get the whole screen and try to zoom in or out and stalls again.
A1. The reported symptoms have not been introduced by the v19.03 software update. The reported symptoms may be due to any of the following:
- the MFD's system settings have become corrupted ... command the MFD to reset its system settings (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS RESET).

- the Sonar Logging feature has been configured to ON and the chart card is full ... use a computer to determine the amount of remaining memory on the chart card. If full, then please respond accordingly.

- MFD processor circuitry failure ... remove the chart card and then test for the symptoms reported. Should the problem persist with the chart card removed, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

- the MFD's memory card reader is malfunctioning ... use the MFD's Screen Capture feature (accessed from the Power menu) to capture the screen image to a microSD memory card ... test the ability to perform this operation within each of the MFD's memory card slots ... failure would indicate a problem with the MFD's memory card reader or with the memory card (test with another microSD memory card). Additionally, test the chart card within each of the MFD's memory card reader slots by inserting the chart card in one off the MFD's memory card reader slots and then test for the reported symptoms ... test both slots. It is possible for one of the MFD's memory card reader slots to be intermittent or to have failed and for the other slot to be fully operational. Any MFD having an intermittent or failed memory card reader slot should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

- the memory card on which the chart data is stored is malfunctioning and/or the data stored on the chart card is corrupt. Should another boat within the marina have Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum+ chart card, then borrow the chart card to test with your MFD. Alternatively, bring your Navionics chart card to your Raymarine dealer and test it in one of the dealer's MFDs. Should the chart card have failed or its contents have become corrupted, then is is recommended that Navionics (508-291-6000) be contacted for information addressing how to erase the memory card's contents and then to repopulate it. Should the chart card have failed, then it should further support should be sought from Navionics.

Q2. Really don't want to send this unit to the repair center and wait a month, is there an exchange program.
A2. Raymarine does not offer an exchange program. Should the MFD have been purchased less than thirty days ago, then it would be recommended that the MFD be returned to your Raymarine dealer for replacement. Should the MFD have been purchased more than thirty days ago, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. At this time of year, typical turn around time is ten business days after having received/logged in the product.