Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem reading deep water 400+
06-30-17, 10:02 AM
Problem reading deep water 400+
I have a had problems reading deep water with my electronics systems. I had a DSM 300 and now have a new CP370 and I am unable to see deeper than 400 feet. It reads strong bottom up to that depth then the screen scatters as seen in the attached photo. The transducer on the boat is an Airmar M 260 (1kW) shooting thru hull. The transducer tank is topped off with mineral oil.

How can I get to be able to read depths to 1000 feet? The transducer tank has run low on oil could the transducer be burnt?

thanks

Chris D.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-17, 10:25 AM
RE: Problem reading deep water 400+
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Have you selected the M260 from transducer list within the settings of the Fishfinder application? If so, then please specify whether this problem had previously existed with the DSM300. If not, then it would appear that there is either a problem with the 50kHz elements of the M260 or with the 50kHz processing circuitry of the CP370. This issue would typically be fault isolated by testing the CP370 with a relatively inexpensive test transducer (ex. E66013 P319) which has been suspended over the side of the vessel when drifting in water which is at least as deep as you have specified. Using a relatively inexpensive test transducer for such purposes can be a very cost effective alternative having such fault isolation performed by a Certified Raymarine Installer. When doing so, be certain to select the corresponding model of transducer from the transducer list within the Fishfinder application settings.

Should the problem abate when connected to the test transducer, then the M260 will need to be replaced. However, should the problem persist with the test transducer, the the fault would be deemed to be rooted within the CP370 and it would be recommended that it be replaced by the Raymarine dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply