Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring P79 to es78
07-05-17, 12:55 PM
Wiring P79 to es78
Hello,
I need help with connecting a P79 transducer to my new es78. I have an extension cable A80273 TRANSDUCER EXT CBL FOR CHIRP/DOWNVISION with one end connected and to the es78 and the other end bare wire. I need to hard-wire the transducer.

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-17, 01:53 PM
RE: Wiring P79 to es78
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sylvano,

The eS78 MFD features internal CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder sounder circuitry rather than 50kHz/200kHz ClearPulse fishfinder sounder circuitry. Accordingly, its transducer socket cannot be mated to a 50kHz/200kHz transducer such as the P79. The Transducer socket of the eSx8 MFDs was exclusively designed to be interfaced to compatible CHIRP/DownVision and CPT-S Transducers. Should you desire to use either an A80170 P79 Fishfinder Transducer or E66008 P79 Fishfinder Transducer with an eS78 MFD, then the transducer would need to be interfaced to a CP370 Sounder Module or ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD which in turn would be interfaced to the eS78 MFD.
07-05-17, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-17 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So what's on page 21 of the eS Series MFD Installation instructions 87250-2-EN is incorrect?
It states :
Suitable Devices Connections
Sonar transducer
• P48
• P58
• P74
• B60 20º
• B60 12º
• B744V
; OR:
• Any 600 watt / 1Kw compatible
transducer (via optional E66066
adaptor cable)
; OR:
• Any Minn Kota transducer (via
optional A62363 adaptor cable)
Connection via external
Raymarine® Sonar Module:
• Any sonar module-compatible transducer

About using a St290 Active Depth Pod thru Seatalk?

The boat's in the water. I don't want to pull the boat out to install a thru hull transducer when I have a perfectly good one that was doing the job before.
07-06-17, 10:15 AM
Sylvano,

Q1. So what's on page 21 of the eS Series MFD Installation instructions 87250-2-EN is incorrect?
A1. No. The documentation which you are referring to addresses eS-Series MFDs having internal 50kHz/200kHz ClearPulse Fishfinder sounder circuitry (i.e. the eSx7 MFDs), not eS-Series MFDs having internal CHIRP (conical) / DownVision Fishfinder sounder circuitry (i.e. the eSx8) MFDs. Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer an eSx7 MFD with a 7" screen or I would be recommending that the MFD be replaced.

Q2. About using a St290 Active Depth Pod thru Seatalk?
A2. While it is possible to interface the MFD Depth pod, doing so would not support use of the MFDs fishfinder features. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how compatible a 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder transducer may be interfaced to an depth instrument, depth pod, or iTC-5. If seeking to have the system simply repeat numerical depth information an i70 would be required to configure depth offsets and configure any depth based alarms.
07-06-17, 10:15 AM
Sylvano,

Q1. So what's on page 21 of the eS Series MFD Installation instructions 87250-2-EN is incorrect?
A1. No. The documentation which you are referring to addresses eS-Series MFDs having internal 50kHz/200kHz ClearPulse Fishfinder sounder circuitry (i.e. the eSx7 MFDs), not eS-Series MFDs having internal CHIRP (conical) / DownVision Fishfinder sounder circuitry (i.e. the eSx8) MFDs. Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer an eSx7 MFD with a 7" screen or I would be recommending that the MFD be replaced.

Q2. About using a St290 Active Depth Pod thru Seatalk?
A2. While it is possible to interface the MFD Depth pod, doing so would not support use of the MFDs fishfinder features. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how compatible a 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder transducer may be interfaced to an depth instrument, depth pod, or iTC-5. If seeking to have the system simply repeat numerical depth information an i70 would be required to configure depth offsets and configure any depth based alarms.