Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RL70C not communicating with RC631
04-08-16, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-16 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: RL70C not communicating with RC631
dkritter,

Q1: The E125 has the Cmap does the C95 also need to be the Cmap config?
A1: When interfaced to one another via Ethernet, the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs will share virtually all of the system's data with one another, including cartography from any chart cards within the readers. Accordingly, a chart card need be present within one of the MFDs within the system. It is also possible to additionally insert a Navionics and/or LightHouse chart card into the readers to of the MFDs to simultaneously support Chart application use with C-Map, Navionics, and LightHouse cartography.

Q2: I think I need a Raynet cable to go between the two, would that be a raynet to raynet cable? Is this just data or data and power?
A2: You would indeed need an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable to interface the Network sockets of these MFDs to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

Q3: Since this is a repeater do i need to also supply power to this unit or will the raynet cable do that? If i need power what do i do with the NMEA 0183 leads from this unit?
A3: Raymarine's MFDs are not designed to be powered from an Ethernet network. With the exception of the gS-Series MFDs, Raymarine MFDs are not designed supply power to an Ethernet Network. Additionally, Raymarine's MFDs are not designed to be powered by or supply power to a SeaTalkng backbone. The MFDs must be powered via the Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cables packaged with the MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ providing further information on this subject.

Regarding your diagram, per the referenced FAQ, the SeaTalk busses must be disconnected from its present source(s) of power, as the busses will now be powered by the SeaTalkng backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters.

Q4: Since i will still have ST1 instruments but I don't think i need to cable this to the C95, does the raynet take care of that? Do I need to connect this to the new STng?

A4: The SeaTalk devices may be interfaced to the new products via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RL70C not communicating with RC631 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-08-16 02:19 PM