Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual DSM's on the boat
03-14-16, 05:55 AM
Dual DSM's on the boat
My question is can I run 2 DSM30's on the network?

I have dual E80 classics with SR100, DSM30 and the Raymarine network switch. I have 2 transducers in the hull and was wondering if I can hook up a second dsm30 to my network? if so, will there be any issues? How would the MFD know which DSM its talking to?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-16, 10:44 AM
RE: Dual DSM's on the boat
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum unixdood,

The E-Series Classic MFDs will not support more than one fishfinder sounder module within the system's Ethernet (SeaTalkhs/RayNet) network. As the E-Series MFDs are designed to support sharing of all system resources except for NTSC/PAL video, both MFDs within the system should share the sounder module. Were one of the E-Series Classic MFDs to be removed from the Ethernet network, then it may be interfaced to the second sounder module. However, as these sounder modules are designed to operate at the same frequencies (50kHz and/or 200kHz), there may be some interference resulting in noisy fishfinder imagery should the two sounder modules be operated at the same frequency, particularly if the transducers are located within close proximity to one another.
03-14-16, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-16 02:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the information. Make sense what you are saying.
03-14-16, 02:20 PM
You're welcome.