Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion interface to ES78
07-07-17, 06:32 PM
Fusion interface to ES78
High I have my ES78 on the flybrighe along with my C classic 120, there is another C120 classic in the lower helm. Presently these are all interfaced together along with instruments and auto pilot using the sea talk ng starter module which is located on the bridge. The fusion radio is located in near the lower helm. Could I connect to the lower C120 to my fusion MS-RA70 with another sea talk ng starter module so I could control the fusion using my ES78
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-17, 02:13 PM
RE: Fusion interface to ES78
The Fusion radio would connect into the NMEA2000/Seatalk NG network. This could be done many ways. One thing to note is the Fusion radio uses devicenet cables. So you would need an adapter cable to go from devicenet to Seatalk NG part # A06045.
07-11-17, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-17 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi just to be sure what I plan to do would work please note. There is presently no Seatalk NG cable connecting my upper helm to the lower helm where the Fusion radio is along with MFD classic C120 vintage 2004. In the upper helm there is another MFD C120 classic vintage 2004 along with the ES7 MFD. The ES7 MFD is interfaced to the C 120 using the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter . So I was thinking of installing another Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter in the lower helm and connect the Fusion radio to it using devicenet to Seatalk NG part # A06045 you mentioned. There would be no Seatalk NG or Nema 2000 cable going from the lower helm to the upper helm. The only data cable going from the lower to upper helm. There would be the existing Seatalk cable which connects the two C 120 Classics MFD. So in my plan the Fusion radio data would be traveling along the Seagate cable then going thru the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter at the upper helm and to the ES7 MFD.

Is this workable ?

PS Raymarine had another Forum back in 2015 it does not seem that information was migrated to the present forum is there a way to view it?
07-17-17, 10:39 AM
E.hatch2086,

Q1. Could I connect to the lower C120 to my fusion MS-RA70 with another sea talk ng starter module so I could control the fusion using my ES78
A1. Please note that it is not possible to interface a Fusion stereo head unit to a C-Series Classic MFD. Additionally, it is generally not recommended that a C-Series Classic MFD be interfaced as a spur to NMEA 2000 backbone except for reception of engine data.

Q2. There is presently no Seatalk NG cable connecting my upper helm to the lower helm where the Fusion radio is along with MFD classic C120 vintage 2004. In the upper helm there is another MFD C120 classic vintage 2004 along with the ES7 MFD. The ES7 MFD is interfaced to the C 120 using the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter . So I was thinking of installing another Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter in the lower helm and connect the Fusion radio to it using devicenet to Seatalk NG part # A06045 you mentioned. There would be no Seatalk NG or Nema 2000 cable going from the lower helm to the upper helm. The only data cable going from the lower to upper helm. There would be the existing Seatalk cable which connects the two C 120 Classics MFD. So in my plan the Fusion radio data would be traveling along the Seagate cable then going thru the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter at the upper helm and to the ES7 MFD.
A2. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do as you have suggested. Unlike SeaTalkng, SeaTalk communications protocol did not support communications of Fusion stereo data. If seeking to remotely control the Fusion stereo head unit (lower station) from the eS78 MFD (upper station), it would be necessary to extend the SeaTalkng backbone from the upper station to the lower station, where a spur socket would then be added to accommodate interfacing the Fusion stereo head unit.
07-17-17, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-17 01:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for reply that kinda what inexpected.
07-17-17, 01:53 PM
You're welcome.