Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I60 wind not displaying A/T wind speed
07-12-17, 06:51 AM
I60 wind not displaying A/T wind speed
I replaced VDO wind instruments and installed a new I60 wind and close hauled package to my old Raymarine autopilot and Tridata using the cables supplied. The wind speed does not display, however after calibration the true wind speed shows as the boat speed when the boat is moving, but the apparent wind still shows --. The apparent and true wind angles show the correct angles. At the dock both the T/A speed indicator shows --. The I60 is connected to the Tridata via an old/new connector and the Tridata is connected to the ST4000+ using the original old connector. Power is supplied to the ST4000+. The voltage readings on the I60 wind seem to be within the specs. When first connected I believe the wind speed did show momentarily but I have done a factory reset with no improvement.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-17, 04:02 PM
RE: I60 wind not displaying A/T wind speed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

We're sorry to learn of the reported problem. The problem may be rooted in the transducer, its cable, or within the i60 Wind Instrument display itself. Common continuity testing may be used to test the transducer cable for damage (shorts or opens). Should no problem be identified with the transducer cable, then it would be recommended that the wind transducer be tested per the FAQ found here. Should testing not identify a problem with the wind transducer, then fault would appear to be rooted in the i60 Wind Instrument Display itself. Should the instrument have been purchased within the last 30 days, then it would be recommended that it be returned to your Raymarine dealer for replacement. The instrument may also be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply