Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom feature requests
07-17-17, 01:47 PM
Axiom feature requests
I would like to see a low power standby option on the Axiom so if I'm on the hook for a while I don't need to do a complete power down to conserve battery and then have to wait for a power up and the satellite re-acquisition. also a night mode option with an option for auto night mode based on the time of day so not to affect night vision by the MFD when trying to adjust brightness after powering on in the dark. This is available on cheap auto GPS systems so I could imagine it would not be too difficult to replicate on a Axiom.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-17, 10:18 AM
RE: Axiom feature requests
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cbt716,

Thanks for the Axiom feature suggestion. The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs operating with LightHouse II software presently have the specified feature (PowerSave), which simply reduced power consumption by switching OFF the MFD's backlighting circuit. Pressing the MFD's power button while in PowerSave mode would then restore the MFD's backlighting level to its previously configured setting. Your feature suggestion will be logged accordingly for consideration to be included within a future software update for the Axiom MFDs.

In the interim, similar power reduction may be achieved by adjusting the Axiom MFD's backlighting level to its lowest setting.
07-19-17, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-17 01:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I would think PowerSave would cut the sonar too since that seems like a high power drain in standby mode also I believe the other Raymarine MFD's already have night mode so I'm thinking it will probably make it into the Axiom but any thoughts on a auto night mode option? BTW love my Axiom 9 looking forward to the 3.1 software release..
07-20-17, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-17 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cbt716,

If implemented in the same manner as it had been in MFDs running LightHouse II software, the PowerSave feature simply switched OFF the MFD's backlighting (i.e. one of the largest power consuming circuits of the MFD). Sonar (if equipped with internal sonar), data processing, and communications were effective, etc. remain operational. Your suggestion regarding auto dimming will be logged accordingly.