Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cam220Ip in accessible
07-13-17, 01:28 PM
cam220Ip in accessible
My question is, Do i need to attempt to access the camera THROUGH the network switch port or at the actual camera ethernet plug?

The camera is working fine except for the color tint is way off. The camera is plugged into a network switch with four other MFD's and is visible by all.

My address is found using the ip search engine in the box. It gives 192.168.1.100 But when I add that address into the laptop's I.E. address bar, it says it cannot find the camera.

I am at a total loss and really need to get the color balanced.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-17, 09:42 AM
RE: cam220Ip in accessible
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Oregoncme,

Q. Do i need to attempt to access the camera THROUGH the network switch port or at the actual camera ethernet plug?
A. The IP camera's Ethernet cable should be plugged directly into the PC. Alternatively, the IP camera may be disconnected from the HS5 RayNet Network Switch and then connected directly to the PC via an assembly constructed from an A80162 RayNet (M) Pins to RayNet (M) Pins Cable Joiner and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable.

The supplied IPScan Utility may then be used to determine the IP address of the IP camera. To access the IP camera's web page, configure the PC's IP address within the same address range as that of the IP camera ... be certain not to configure the PC with the same IP address as assigned to the IP camera (I generally recommend using an IP address which is either 1 increment greater than or less than the IP camera's IP address). Assign the PC's subnet mask to 255.255.255.0. Finally, enter the camera's IP address into the address field of an Internet Browser (Google Chrome recommended).
Find all posts by this user
08-04-17, 05:26 PM
RE: cam220Ip in accessible
I wanted to give an update to anyone that may have the same problem as I had. The program that identified the up address worked perfectly. The problem that would not allow my Thinkpad to "see" the cam ip220, was that I had the Internet Explorer's Firewall not set to OFF. The minute I went into I.E. settings and then Firewall, setting that to OFF, all was well with the 192.168.1.100 went thru.

Unfortunately, however, there is no adjustment for TINT. So, seeing trees as purple vs green, inficated a bad camera. Strange there is no adjustment for that.

Thanks Chuck.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user