Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
st50+ depth replacement compatibility
07-15-17, 06:21 AM
st50+ depth replacement compatibility
I currently have St50+ instruments (transducers and heads) working on seatalk. I also have an ES127 which is correctly reveiving data from my NMEA multiplexer to the NMEA input of the es127.

My depth transducer is starting to have trouble reading at shallow depths. I want to replace the transducer as the boat was recently hauled out and I have a short opportunity to do this now until waiting till the end of the season.

1. Is there a transducer that I can use to replace the failing one that would work with the existing ST50+ head? If so which one?

2. if not, which transducer (current one is in hull) would I use for the ES127?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-17, 12:46 PM
RE: st50+ depth replacement compatibility
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lazybones,

Q1. Is there a transducer that I can use to replace the failing one that would work with the existing ST50+ head? If so which one?
A1. Yes. The ST50+ Depth Instrument may be used with any of the analog Depth, Depth/Temp, or Depth/Temp/Speed Instrument Transducers found here. Typically, a ST50+ Depth Instrument would be interfaced to a M78713-PZ-A P19 Instrument Depth Transducer or a M78717 B17 Instrument Depth Transducer.

Q2. if not, which transducer (current one is in hull) would I use for the ES127?
A2. See the response to Q1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply