Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST40 Wind Instrument, Align Transducer
07-16-17, 01:11 AM
ST40 Wind Instrument, Align Transducer
I am lost as to what I am looking for when I align the transducer on my ST40 Wind Instrument. The set-up shows me how to do it, but doesn't explain what I am looking for to see if it needs any adjustment. It makes some sense that if I am headed directly into the wind, and the heading on the ST44 Wind Instrument doesn't match the heading on my compass, I could adjust the ST40 to match the compass. Is that how I determine if the transducer needs any adjustment? Is the compass (I assume it's a fluxgate) in the ST40 fairly accurate without any adjustment? Thanks for any help or information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-17, 04:09 PM
RE: ST40 Wind Instrument, Align Transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Boatzguy,

The ST40/i40 Wind Instruments were designed to supply apparent wind direction and apparent wind speed data. The ST40/i40 Wind Instruments were designed to be installed and used on power driven vessels. When steering directly into the wind, a properly calibrated ST40 Wind Instrument will report 000 for the apparent wind direction. Should the ST40 Wind Instrument report a value other than 000 when steered into the wind, then it will need to be adjusted. The ST40/i40 Wind Instrument will also calculate and report True Wind if interfaced to a SeaTalk bus to which a source of calibrated speed through water (not to be confused with GPS SOG) and heading (not to be confused with GPS COG) data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply