Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum radar to seatalk
07-16-17, 12:09 PM
Quantum radar to seatalk
Hi,
First off, I'm very new to seatalk and nema. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Quantum Radar mounted on the mast, the data cable terminates under the settee. My MFD is a Raymarine eS128 mounted on the pedestal, I would like to know the best way to connect the radar to the MFD. Is there an adapter cable that can go from the data cable to the Seatalk, or do I need an extension cable to connect to the MFD.
Thanks for any help.
Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-17, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-17 03:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Quantum radar to seatalk
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

Q. Is there an adapter cable that can go from the data cable to the Seatalk, or do I need an extension cable to connect to the MFD.
A. The Quantum Data Cable is essentially an Ethernet cable. It is not possible to interface this cable to a SeaTalk or SeaTalkng network. Instead, the Quantum Data Cable may be extended via an assembly which has been constructed from an A80162 RayNet (M) Pins to RayNet (M) Pins Cable Joiner and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Alternatively this assembly may be omitted and the MFD may communicate with the Quantum Radome via Wi-Fi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply