Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweaking C80 Radar
07-17-17, 08:31 AM
Tweaking C80 Radar
I've got an old C80 radar that works fair at best. I get a lot of clutter and hard to distinguish with objects.

Is it worth tweaking or fixing this or even possible? If I can get it a bit better I might spend my money on FLIR and have both.

The rest of my C80 products will go, so would keep one display for the radar... assume it won't display on new units.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-17, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-17 02:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Tweaking C80 Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Seevee,

It is recommended that your data be backed up and that a Factory Reset operation be performed to restore the MFD's settings. Should the problem persist after doing so, then it would be recommended that all other systems onboard be powered OFF and that the MFD w/radar be tested alone (i.e. to eliminate the possibility of interference from other devices. Should the problem persist when so tested, then it would be recommended that the radar cable be tested. Should the radar cable testing not identify any faults with the cable, then the problem has been fault isolated to failing circuitry within radome or open array pedestal. Unfortunately, the radomes and open array pedestals designed for use with C-Series Classic MFDs can no longer be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center. As you have suggested, radomes and open array pedestals designed for use with the C-Series Classic MFDs are not compatible with currently manufactured MFDs.

The following FAQ would apply to replacing the radome or open array pedestal and MFD: Replacing a C-Series Classic MFD(s) with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD(s).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply