Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITC-5 voltage
07-17-17, 01:37 PM
ITC-5 voltage
I have wind, speed and depth transducers connected to ITC-5 converter, connected to I70 instruments and ES plotter. Recently Wind direction indicator stopped reading wind direction change. Indicator on instrument only changes slightly from "stuck "position. I did test of wind transducer and read only 6 volts between red and ground. I supplied 8 volts from separate power supply and wind instrument preformed normally. The 6 volts was read off of the ITC-5 at wind power spade connector. All other instruments are working fine. I read 8 volts at the speed power connection and wondered if I could safely draw wind power from the speed power connection until I was in a position to replace or repair the ITC-5 converter. If indeed thats the problem.
Thank you for in advance for your help.
Randy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-17, 03:44 PM
RE: ITC-5 voltage
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Randy,

Please excuse this late response. Based upon the voltage measurement reported, it appears that there is an issue with the iTC-5 necessitating that it be replaced or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
07-27-17, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 08:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. But Can I safely piggy back wind power off of the speed power spade connection on the ITC-5 until I can pull the ITC off the boat for repair. Thank you again for your help.
Randy
07-27-17, 08:54 AM
Randy,

The iTC-5's Power (red) terminals of both the Wind and Compass transducer terminals are designed to output +8VDC. Accordingly, you may want to try measuring the voltage of the Power terminal of the Compass transducer terminals to determine whether it is outputting +8VDC. If so, then it may be used until such time as the iTC-5 can be serviced.