Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic GPS
07-21-17, 08:18 AM
E120 Classic GPS
I repeatedly get the "position fix lost" alarm. I have a Shakespeare mushroom connected to a coaxial wire. Where does the coaxial wire connect to the system? It eventually connects through the seatalk input on back of display but must go through some other device first. There is a remote keypad directly wired to the seatalk input but I don't see where the gps coaxial connects. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-17, 04:10 PM
RE: E120 Classic GPS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bocaboat,

As the E-Series Classic MFD does not feature an internal GPS receiver, it cannot be directly interfaced to a passive GPS antenna (they have a coaxial cable). Unfortunately, unless the GPS antenna was of Raymarine origin, we may not be able to identify it. It is recommended that the antenna, including its underside, be inspected for markings which may identify its manufacturer, product name, or part number. If powered and properly interfaced, it may have simply failed. In the case of the latter, it would be recommended that it be replaced with a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor.
07-24-17, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Chuck. Since my current gps antenna is passive how would it interface with the E120 Classic? My antenna is a Shakespeare SRA-40. Thanks again for the help.
07-25-17, 07:35 AM
bocaboat,

Q. Since my current gps antenna is passive how would it interface with the E120 Classic? My antenna is a Shakespeare SRA-40.
A. The SRA-40 is a Sirius Satellite Weather/Radio antenna, not a GPS antenna. The subject antenna may be interfaced to a Raymarine SiriusXM Weather/Radio Receiver which in turn may have been interfaced to the MFD's Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) communications interface to support having the MFD display SiriusXM Satellite Marine Weather (requires subscription from SiriusXM). Alternatively, this antenna may be interfaced to a SiriusXM radio receiver which in turn was interfaced to the vessel's stereo system.
07-25-17, 09:22 AM
Sorry my mistake. I have two mushroom antennae on the hardtop of my boat. They are both SRA 40's. I assumed one was for the gps and the other Sirius weather. If neither of these are for my gps could my gps antenna be the low profile disk in front of the radar antenna as shown in the attached picture? There is a similar antenna mounted just behind the radar too. Thanks
07-25-17, 11:16 AM
bocaboat,

No photo was attached to your last post.