Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv
10-07-19, 12:26 PM
RE: [CA11] Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Thebobman,

Q1. Would it be safe to assume if it worked on the C80 mentioned there that it would work on the Axiom?
A1. Unfortunately, this is not a tested configuration and as such no promises can made. However, should this solution have provided calibrated NMEA 2000 trim tab data for a prior generation of Raymarine MFD supporting NMEA 2000 trim tabs, then I see no reason to believe that it should not work for a MFD running LightHouse 3 software.

Q2. Also, If I were to put an LMF 200 in the system, calibrate the tabs, then remove the LMF 200, would that calibration stay in the "system" or does it go away with the LMF 200?
A2. I believe that the calibration remains persistent within the NMEA 2000 sensors. Similar NMEA 2000 trim tab calibration had been provided within the E-Series Widescreen MFDs. Some dealers had retained one of these MFDs to calibrate trim tabs and upon completion, the E-Series Widescreen MFD would then be removed from the system to permit the NMEA 2000 trim tabs to then be used with the Raymarine MFD designs which had followed the E-Series Widescreen MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-07-19 12:26 PM