Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E90W Replacement
07-27-17, 09:42 AM
E90W Replacement
I currently have an E90W MFD which is directly connected to an HD color radome via SeaTalk, and connected to a KVH heading sensor, a TR-1 Gold autopilot, and a Lowrance Link-8 radio (for AIS) via NMEA 0183. It is also using a RayStar 130 GPS antenna. I have a separate Furuno fish finder. I'd like to upgrade this year and replace the MFD and fish finder with an all-in-one display.

I'm looking for recommendations as to a combination of large screen MFD, transponder, and adapters that would allow me to retain my current functionality without a major investment in other additional equipment.

Most of my fishing is done in Puget Sound and the Strait of Juan de Fuca, in waters ranging from 35' to 400'. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-17, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 01:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E90W Replacement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dwlanger,

You may want to consider an Axiom 9 DV MFD or Axiom 9 RV MFD. Alternatively, you may want to consider one of the soon to be released Axiom Pro 9S or Axiom Pro RVS. Axiom RV MFDs and RVS MFDs offer RealVision 3Dâ„¢ fishfinder technology. Axiom Pro RVS MFDs also feature 1kW CHIRP fishfinder. Axiom DV MFDs feature DownVision/CHIRP (conical) fishfinder technology. Axiom Pro S MFDs feature CHIRP (conical) fishfinder technology.
Each of these MFDs may be either directly mated to or adapted for use with these MFDs are compatible with or may be adapted for use with the HD color radome, KVH heading sensor, TR-1 Gold autopilot, and a Lowrance Link-8 radio which are presently interfaced to the E90W. Axiom Pro MFDs differentiate themselves from the Axiom MFDs in that they feature
- hybridTouch technology (touch screens with buttons) for Axiom Pro MFDs vs touchsceens only for the Axiom MFDs ... MFDs having hybridTouch technology are generally recommended for those will regularly be operating a MFD which has direct expose to rain or spray.
- Axiom Pro MFDs feature additional interfaces (NMEA 0183, analog video input) in addition to the Ethernet, SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000, USB, Wi-Fi, and BlueTooth interfaces of the Axiom MFDs
- Availability of embedded 1kW CHIRP fishfinder circuitry within the Axiom Pro RVS MFDs

Each of these above listed MFDs will support fishfinding within the depths which you have specified.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply