Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E95 Unusual Chart display and operational Issues.
07-29-17, 11:43 AM
E95 Unusual Chart display and operational Issues.
Chuck, over the past month you assisted me in resolving an issue where multiple waypoints "stacked" over an existing waypoint. Resolution included deselecting sync from Navionics Apps on iPhone and iPad. Also deleted all waypoints and routes on each. Additionally did a reinstall of Lighthouse V 19.03 and updated Navionics Sd card. Outcome, "stacking " problem cured.

I wanted to pass on some additional problems and resolution, as I had not seen them detailed in the MFD forum.

Last week experienced new issues:

In Chart view, Waypoints did not show on Chart. (confirmed waypoints were in My Data) No Navigation functions worked. Under Menu/Presentation, Vector option disappeared. Interestingly, in Chart/Radar view, Chart Selected,Waypoints showed on Chart, Navigation functions worked. Under Menu/Presentation, all selections were available.

Several discussions with techs led to their conclusion that I had a physical problem with unit and should send in for repair.

Unexpectedly received a call from Winston, Product support supervisor. He educated me at length including discussion of the very failure rate of the E95, <.3% if I remember. Also discussed typical service life and potential replacement with Es97. He also suggested, one final assessment, performing a "Power on Reset". Performed per manual Section 28.2. Reinstalled 19.03 software and undated Navionics SD card.

Results, all problems appear to be corrected. It wasn't a physical issue! Thanks to you and Winston for some excellent advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-17, 10:01 AM
RE: E95 Unusual Chart display and operational Issues.
You're welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply