Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 9 External Drain Wire Screw Size?
08-01-17, 06:17 AM
Axiom 9 External Drain Wire Screw Size?
I have "misplaced" the screw that I think came with the Axiom 9 to secure the external drain wire. The install manual doesn't list the size. But it's a pretty small lug compared to the size of drain wire they suggest. 6x32 doesn't seem to work and a metric 4 x .7 didn't seem to either. Those were the closest I could find at the boat store. The thread is very fine and I don't want to cross thread or ruin it. Thanks. Dan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-17, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-17 10:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom 9 External Drain Wire Screw Size?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

The Axiom MFD's are packaged with a M3 x 5mm screw to accommodate connecting the drain lead to the Axiom MFD.
08-02-17, 10:08 AM
What happens if you misplace the included screw with a 6-32 and it breaks off while trying to thread in? Can it be attached elsewhere? How important is the drain?
08-02-17, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-17 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dan,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing drain leads. A mis-placed stainless steel drain wire screw having the specification provided previously may be purchased from a hardware store or via Internet suppliers. While many owners commonly omit proper installation of drain leads without negative consequences, you may want to try using common third party broken screw extractor products to remove the substituted screw and thereby permit a drain lead to be connected to the MFD's drain screw insert using a screw of the proper spec. Should the insert's threads have been damaged and should you desire to install a drain lead, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced.
08-02-17, 07:28 PM
Thanks again Sir!
Dan
08-03-17, 07:43 AM
You're welcome.