Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Raycontrol
11-04-17, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-17 09:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Raycontrol
I have two samsung galaxy tablets on board. Tablet #1 running older version android Kitkat with Ray Control app. Tablet #2 has been upgraded to android nougat operating withe the latest vertion of Ray Control App.

Tablet #1 works with the control app about two minutes at a time before loosing a connection.

Tablet #2 just won't connect at all with my E7 MFD.
Note I'm allso running a Quantum radar but was told earlier that would not be a problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-17, 09:42 AM
RE: Raycontrol
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Edge,

It is indeed possible to simultaneously interface a mobile device running the Raymarine mobile app to a Wi-Fi equipped a-Series MFD, c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, Axiom, or Axiom Pro MFD which is in turn wirelessly interfaced to a Quantum radome. Please verify that your MFD and Quantum radome have each been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Please additionally verify that your mobile devices have each been updated with the latest version of the RayContol app posted on the Google Playstore. Should the problem persist, then please provide more specific information concerning the tablets (i.e. their model numbers).
07-27-19, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 09:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Raycontrol
I had a suite of RayMarine Axiom's fitted 2019 and am still struggling to get the RayControl app working on my iPad Pro. It just won’t hook up though it says I am connected to the specific mfd. Settings on the mfd are all as required, I think....

Further to my previous, I forgot to say that I have (semi) successfully got RayControl working on my iPhone, though that seems to present me with a version of the remote keypad.

I have included couple pics to assist you in analysing my probs with the iPad connection.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-29-19, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 09:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Edge,

Please note that the RayControl app is reporting that the tablet's WiFi is currently connected to "Wifiport_Chantereyne". What has the WiFi Name of your MFD been configured to? Please additionally note that RayControl has not been designed for use with iPhones ... iPhones should utilize RayRemote.
07-29-19, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 11:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Chuck

On that occasion I accidentally used an exterior Wi-fi connection. Previously I had connected to each plotter on occasions and it simply stated that I was connected to (default plotter name) with no successful RayControl result.

Thanks, Tim
07-29-19, 11:35 AM
Tim,

I have also observed that the RayControl app will sometimes not connect on the first try. Please verify that your MFDs are operating with the latest LightHouse 3 software (v3.10.39 at the time of this response), and if not, update the software within the system's MFDs. After connecting the mobile device's WiFi to the MFD, verify that all background apps have been shut down. After doing so, try running the RayControl app. Should RayControl app not connect, then close it and try again. Should the above items have been addressed and the problem be reproduced with no background apps running, then please respond accordingly with the version of iOS running on the iPad and a problem report will then be logged accordingly.