Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST8001 autopilot
03-14-16, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-16 11:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ST8001 autopilot
I am having trouble with my autopilot reconfigurement. It will do everythin at dockside but will not go into calibrate mode (seatrial). Everything else will come up but not sea trial. Is there any way to get this up so I can calibrate the auto pilot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-16, 08:25 AM
RE: 1800st autopilot
What autopilot are you working with? I don't recognize the 1800ST. What is the part number of the system? What type of drive?
03-15-16, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-16 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
It is a hydraulic drive 9 years old st1800. Mounted on my 45 ft sportsfisherman hydraulic pump and arm in stern underdeck as well as box and flux compass ( which I replaced new last year) and wiring runs to flybridge. I have a simple control with red auto and off button and gray knob to change course. It unfortunately is in Cabo Mexico and I can not give you serial numbers or part number. It was part of complete system I bought from Raymarine when I built boat new included was the C-series plotter/depth and radar unit. Also included was separate keypad to punch in waypoint to co automatically to autopilot. Worked well for 7 1/2 years of charter fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. bbydoc
03-15-16, 01:01 PM
I think you're talking about a ST8001 control head??? In order to help you specifically you would need to provide the course computer in the system. I would recommend you check in Dealer Calibration the CAL Lock is set to OFF.
03-15-16, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-16 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks I think you are correct on the model. I will check to see if cal lock is off and if so will switch it to on to try. again thank you bbydoc
03-15-16, 01:48 PM
Yes, make sure it is set to OFF. If ON turn it to OFF.
08-19-16, 04:15 PM
Steve
Have returned from fishing season and did all as instructed but still can not get 1800ST to work. My question is can I simply replace with the new EV 200 system as I already have the type 1 pump in place? It would just mean replacing the main Board and connecting to pump, and mounting dash control. I have replaced the flux compass and done all steps with 1800ST with no luck. If I can replace system with the EV I think it would be wise to upgrade so to speak my C-80 system with new auto pilot. Thanks Dean Ettinger Pure Magic Fishing
08-22-16, 08:34 AM
Dean,

If considering replacement of the autopilot with an Evolution autopilot, then an T70156 EV-200 Power Pilot would be applicable to systems featuring a Type 1 autopilot hydraulic pump. The ACU-200 would be installed in place of the autopilot course computer, the EV-1 Sensor Core would be installed in place of the fluxgate compass, and the p70R Autopilot Control Head would be installed in place of the ST8001 Autopilot Control Head. These components will be interfaced to one another and to an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (will be used to interface the autopilot to the system's SeaTalk bus (i.e. to the SeaTalk bus to which your C80 MFD has been interfaced)).
08-22-16, 10:39 AM
My c-80 system is 9 years old and I do not even know if I have any SeaTalk system at all. Would I still need the Converter kit to install the EV 200 Power pilot? Everything is right under my flybridge station including the hydraulic pump. I believe installationwould be easy. I have no SeaTalk set up from old system so why would I connect one now? Thanks Dean Ettinger Pure Magic Fishing
08-22-16, 12:53 PM
RE: ST8001 autopilot
Dean,

A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit would only be required should you opt to interfaced the C80 MFD to the Evolution autopilot. It is quite possible that at least a minimal SeaTalk bus has been installed onboard the vessel, as the most common GPS sensors (Raystar 120, Raystar 125) which had been sold for use with the C-Series Classic MFDs also featured a SeaTalk communications interface.