Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS650 Shuts down STng network
08-05-17, 12:37 PM
AIS650 Shuts down STng network
My STng network was not working today and I have isolated the issue to our AIS650. When the unit is unplugged from the network everything (except AIS obviously) works fine. When I plug the AIS650 back into the STng network, all [censored] breaks loose and we lose connectivity to everything. I attempted disconnecting power from the AIS650 and even when powered off and connected to the STng network the same issue occurs. All worked just fine on our entire passage from Lauderdale up to the Chesapeake less than a month ago.

Any suggestions to get this all working again?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-17, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-17 12:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AIS650 Shuts down STng network
Welcome to Raymarine Forum twowheel,

While not particularly common, SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 can fail in a manner which will crash the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. It is recommended that you verify that the AIS650 and the other devices which have been interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone have each been updated with the respective latest available Raymarine product software update. If so, and should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the AIS650 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. In the interim, should the system feature a MFD having a NMEA 0183 input port, then you may want to consider interfacing the AIS650's 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 leads to the MFD's NMEA 0183 leads to support bidirectional communications with the AIS650 to permit its Silent Mode feature to be configured on/off. The corresponding NMEA 0183 port of the MFD would then need to be configure to "AIS 38400".
09-10-17, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-17 09:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
As I read this my only option is to send my AIS unit off to be serviced. Given that this unit is now only a couple of months old is distressing. Oh well, I'm off to book a repair ticket I suppose.

-Matt
09-12-17, 09:34 AM
You're welcome.