Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighthouse Chart on Navionics card
08-09-17, 08:22 AM
Rainbow Lighthouse Chart on Navionics card
I downloaded a lighthouse chart directly to my Navionics card. Navionics charts and sonarcharts display OK but the lighthouse chart doesn't. Is there a way to make this work? I am new to Navionics and may not need this feature in the future but it would be nice to switch back and forth for now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-17, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-17 11:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Lighthouse Chart on Navionics card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Al,

To prevent possible corruption/loss of Navionics cartography functionality, it is generally not recommended that one not save LightHouse Charts onto a microSD memory card which has been additionally populated with Navionics charts. To this end, LightHouse II v19.03 software will not save a LightHouse_id.txt file onto a microSD card which contains Navionics cartography.

Which model of Raymarine MFD is involved and what version of software is installed within its memory? Please additionally respond with a screen snapshot from a computer identifying each of the file files found within the root level directory of the Navionics chart card ... see example below:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1233]
09-07-17, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-17 08:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
My a65 serial no. is: E70162 0650153 Software: v19.03-00036
I have also included a screen shot of the root directory of the SD card per your request. Please let me know what it would take to view both Navionics and Lighthouse charts from this card as I would prefer not to have to switch cards all the time while underway.
Thanks! Al
09-07-17, 08:29 AM
Al,

Were these files downloaded by the LighHouse Manager application directly to your Navionics chart card, or did you copy the files from another microSD memory card to the Navionics chart card?
09-07-17, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-17 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the quick response. I wasn't 100% sure how I got those files on the card so I put the card back in the PC and started up the lighthouse manager and double checked. It verified the files and when I checked the root directory the files with the RXK extension now have todays date. It lets me select Lighthouse charts but the screen is blank with no chart data. I went back and checked my first post and I did download the lighthouse charts directly to the Navionics card.
09-07-17, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-17 11:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Al,

Unfortunately, there's nothing that I can immediately point to, as the LightHouse chart files stored on the chart card would be those which would be expected. Technically, there's no reason that LightHouse charts may not be downloaded to a Navionics chart card. However, as indicated within my initial response, the LightHouse II v19.03 software will not permit a LightHouse_id.txt file to be saved to a microSD memory card containing Navionics cartography. The most common cause for reports of being unable to view LightHouse charts involve a LightHouse_id.txt file and/or LightHouse chart files which had been copied from another microSD memory card, thereby causing a conflict with the LightHouse chart encryption. At this point, it is recommended that the following files be deleted from the root level directory of the chart card:
- *.rx5
- *.r01
- *.r02
- *.txt
- *.pdf
- LightHouse_id.txt

After doing so, another microSD memory card should then be used for your LightHouse charts.