Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom v3.2.86 power button fails
09-19-17, 09:04 AM
Axiom v3.2.86 power button fails
Axiom v3.2.86 power button fails to work after a period of being on, work with no issues prior to upgrade
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-17, 10:32 AM
RE: Axiom v3.2.86 power button fails
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum qbayle,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please note that we have not been experiencing the reported issue after having updated our support area MFDs with v3.2.86 software. The MFDs are operated continuously each business day for at least 9 hours continuously and often for several days at a time.
10-03-17, 10:46 AM
Chuck,

Is it possible that temperature is a contributing factor?

I have an Axiom 12 with 3.2.86 and have great difficulty turning the unit on once it has been off for a while. What is interesting is that once the unit is on I can very easily perform the power swipe to access the menu for brightness or to power off the MFD. I only have issues turning it on. I also live in Michigan where the temperature of the MFD at the times I would most often turn it on are below 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
10-03-17, 12:15 PM
Ruder,

The MFD's POWER swipe button was designed to function in temps well above and well below the temperature reported.
10-04-17, 10:57 AM
I understand that they are designed that way. I 1) Wanted to add my experience and 2) was wondering if you were testing them at different temperatures as you mentioned that your bench displays were working when some displays in the field are not.
10-04-17, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-17 12:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ruder,

Raymarine has tested and has not attributed the symptoms which you have reported to temperature. At present, issues related to this feature are currently being investigated as being attributed to the power supply or to flush mounted MFDs which have excessively tightened when securing them to the mounting surface.
10-04-17, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-17 12:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mine is indeed flush mounted. Are there recommendations for tightness? Should I just loosen it up completely and see if the issue persists?

In relation to the Power Supply. Are you talking about the actual power being supplied being under voltage or an issue with the internal power supply?
10-04-17, 12:12 PM
Ruder,

With respect to how tightly the MFD has been secured to the mounting surface, Raymarine has not specified a related torque. However, securing the fasteners to the point of snug (I realize that this term is non-specific) is sufficient. With respect to power supplies, we had been collecting data for MFDs which have been installed with regulated AC/DC DC/DC power supplies and power conditioning devices to which the MFD's power cable may have been connected.
10-04-17, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-17 12:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
As I just reworked my DC power supply to my electronics. (Ran new 1 guage wires from batteries to terminal posts with 10 guage going to new blue start 12 position fuse block in order to add dedicated power to my SeaTalkNG network per a conversation on another thread.) I don't think its an issue with power or grounding.

I will try loosening the rear mounting brackets.
10-04-17, 12:47 PM
Ruder,

Q1. As I just reworked my DC power supply to my electronics. (Ran new 1 guage wires from batteries to terminal posts with 10 guage going to new blue start 12 position fuse block in order to add dedicated power to my SeaTalkNG network per a conversation on another thread.) I don't think its an issue with power or grounding.
A1. I don't suspect so either. I had referenced regulated power supplies and power conditioners within my prior response ... it appears that the circuit supplying power to your MFDs are drawing power directly from the batteries.

Q2. I will try loosening the rear mounting brackets.
A2. Noted. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.