Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom Navionics+ Charts
08-15-17, 06:46 AM
Axiom Navionics+ Charts
I can't seem to get my Navionics charts on the Axiom to look like they do on either my A98 or in the Navionics app on my cell phone. The A98 and the Navionics app on the phone look identical. But the charts on the Axiom look terrible. The A98 has a Navionics+ chip and the pair of Axioms (raynet-worked together) have a Navionics+ chip to share, both chips have the Navionics+subscription paid and are updated identically.

(use pictures 1,2,3 for these points)
1. land feature drawings are distorted use the drawings of the dock for an example
2. the charts on the axiom always have these little tic marks all over them whereas the A98 and app do not (i need to find away to shut these tic marks off they are terrible, I've tried every setting)

(use pictures 5,6 for these points)
3.look how in picture 5 the contour lines are black with a white highlight line around them, whereas the other unit with the same chart app open at the same time is just the black line
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-17, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 11:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom Navionics+ Charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum qbayle,

What version of software is installed within the Axiom MFDs? Have you verified that the Chart application has been configured to view Navionics Nautical Charts rather than Navionics Sonar Charts on the Axiom MFDs? If so, then please additionally move the chart card from the a98 MFD to the Axiom MFD which presently has your other chart card and then test the Axiom MFDs again. The tic marks which you have referenced are lat/lon grid marks these may be hidden by configuring the EasyView setting to ON.
08-15-17, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Both Axioms are v3.1.96 and A98 is v19.03, all pictures where of sonar charts. I did have a chance yesterday to switch the charts over to non-sonar and the white highlights contour lines and the tick marks still exist. I will try switching cards with the A98 unit tonight.
08-15-17, 03:31 PM
Noted.
08-17-17, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I was able to switch cards and the A98 card did not show the tick marks and the land features where also better defined.

I took both cards home and compared with the navionics tool and the axiom card was a full preloaded one where as at some point the A98 one I had trimmed down to just my local (for both the base and sonar charts). I trimmed downed the card from axiom in the same manor and will try that out and report back.

With switching the cards it did not help with one unit highlighting the contour lines white though so that seems to be specific to the unit and not the charts.
08-17-17, 11:16 AM
Qbayle,

Please see my initial response concerning how to hide the "tic" marks.
08-17-17, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The only things is the other chip in axiom doenst have the tick marks, and easyview makes all the text too big. Can younlog a request to be able to toggle that separately? Its not ideal when fishing and using sonar charts.
08-17-17, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 01:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Qbayle,

Your feature request will be logged accordingly to be considered for inclusion within a future Axiom MFD software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.