Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i50-compatible 20 degree tilted depth sounder
08-16-17, 12:04 PM
i50-compatible 20 degree tilted depth sounder
I have an i50 standalone depth instrument onboard and am looking for a compatible depth sounder with a 20 degree built-in tilt. I've tried two separate P79 units, but my hull is too thick for them to operate reliably. I just ordered a "P19-20-FISO" depth sounder only to find that that unit has been discontinued and the unit the retailer sent me was a P319 with 0 degrees of tilt.

Is the B60 with 20 degrees of tilt compatible with the i50? Any other options? I'm open to anything that's compatible, bronze or plastic.

Would be very much obliged for any help! Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-17, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-17 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: i50-compatible 20 degree tilted depth sounder
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kieffer,

Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer any analog tilted element analog instrument depth transducers. While is it conceivable that Airmar may offer a tilted element 200kHz analog instrument depth transducer, Raymarine has not tested such a transducer with its i50 Instruments, iTC-5, or retired ST60/ST60+ Instruments. Accordingly, you may want to consider contacting Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)) to determine whether they can recommend an analog tilted element transducer for use with your i50 Instrument.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply