Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum to Axiom via WiFi - intermittent
08-13-17, 04:23 PM
Quantum to Axiom via WiFi - intermittent
I have just installed an Axiom 9" MFD (s/w v 3.1.96) at my Nav station in a GRP sail boat and a Quantum Radome low down on my mast, 4.8 meters straight line between them. Using WiFi, they are "paired" but the radar display is intermittent, i.e. the scan may run for a few cycles then the sweep stops momentarily and restarts further round the cycle. After a short time the scan stops and the "OFF/Not connected" screen appears on the display. Sometimes it will re-connect, other times is does not find the radar. The boat is out of the water, in a boat yard, with a number of other WiFi systems operating within range. The Axiom appears to use WiFi Ch1 and the boat yard powerful WiFi is on an adjacent Channel. Is there a problem with Axioms/Quantum and WiFi interference?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-17, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-17 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Quantum to Axiom via WiFi - intermittent
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ken,

The fault may be rooted within the Wi-Fi communications circuitry of the Quantum radome or within the MFD. In order to fault isolate the problem, it is recommended that the MFD's Wi-Fi communications circuitry be tested by verifying its ability to smoothly stream the MFD's screen image to a mobile device running the RayView Mobile Apps. After establishing communications between the Mobile app and the MFD, it would then be recommended that the MFD's simulator be configured ON and that the MFD then be configured to display an app having continuously changing graphics (ex. Radar, Fishfinder, etc.). Should the Raymarine Mobile App show the same type of intermittent performance which you had reported, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. However, should the Raymarine Mobile App not show the same type of intermittent performance which you had reported, then Quantum radome should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply