Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e127 screen went dark
08-21-17, 11:41 AM
e127 screen went dark
I run side by side e127 MFD's new in 2015. Upon start up yesterday, left one started as normal but right one stayed dark. No sonar or radar data available on left (working) unit. The only thing I could get it to do was illuminate the red backlight behind the buttons by pressing them.

The previous weekend I had a couple of instances of losing depth reading in 100 - 400 ft of water. Tried settings galore, nothing helped and it eventually came back for good.
Dont know if this is potentially related.

Any troubleshoot suggestions are most appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-17, 02:02 PM
RE: e127 screen went dark
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ahoch,

Please click here to view a related FAQ.
08-21-17, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your quick reply Chuck. I tried the blind brightness adjust yesterday to no affect. The fact that radar and sonar were unavailable would confirm that it is more than a brightness issue as well I believe.

Would you suggest a factory reset or anything else prior to pulling it and sending it away?

Two year standard warranty on that unit I believe correct?
08-22-17, 08:17 AM
ahoch,

My initial response did not address the second issue which you had reported (i.e. sonar and radar not functioning). Should the fishfinder transducer and Digital Radar Cable have been interfaced directly to the problematic MFD, then the problem reported with the symptomatic MFD may be more extensive than simply its backlighting circuit. Should the fishfinder transducer and Digital Radar Cable be interfaced to the system in some other manner (ex. via CP370, via HS5 RayNet Network Switch) then please respond accordingly.
08-22-17, 08:22 PM
fyi Chuck, I unplugged and replugged all cables into MFD in question and it began functioning. I found that the black/white SeaTalk cable into STng was not locked, just pushed in. Maybe as simple as that.

Thanks for your help.
08-23-17, 08:57 AM
You're welcome.