Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps
03-15-16, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-16 08:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps
When connected to my MFD's wifi and the MFD is not connected to any wifi to share (like when I'm out sailing), I cannot doing anything on the internet with my phone. To control my MFD I have to connect to its wifi and then if I want to read email, I have to turn wifi off on my phone. Huge headache switching back and forth. Am I missing something here? My third party MFD does not have this issue. I can be connected to my third Party MFD wifi and at the same time access the internet over the cell connection.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-16, 08:28 AM
RE: How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sbender,

You may want to look at the solution specified here specifying how one may configure the smartphone to use its Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi device while using the cell for Internet access.
03-17-16, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-16 12:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps
That works. Thanks!!

Just note that the MFD could do this automically when it does not have wifi sharing connected.
03-17-16, 12:38 PM
You're welcome.