Interference from prop wash
08-25-17, 11:32 AM
Interference from prop wash
Hi guys,

Boat: 2017 GW 330 Express, twin yam 350s
Equipment: ES127s, M265 in hull TD
Install location: mid-boat center, aft bilge compartment under aft cabin

Issue:

Machine works great on plane, trolling speeds and holding bottom.

Reverse throttle low RPM creates prop wash noise causing lost bottom on the fish finder that tends to linger well after wash has dissipated.

I am looking for the solution to 'reset' the FF to accurately find the bottom again without powering down units. Is there an easier method than system reboot?

Thanks!

Sean
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-17, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-17 02:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Interference from prop wash
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sean,

Should the MFD not have been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update then its software be updated accordingly, as improvements in the fishfinder feature have been introduced throughout the the history of the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Should the problem persist thereafter, then you may want to consider sending the MFD to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. As an immediate means to work around the issue, try switching from auto range to a manually configured range which is slightly deeper than the water being operated in. After the sounder reacquires bottom, then sounder may once again be configured for auto ranging.
08-25-17, 02:43 PM
Thank you for the reply, Chuck.

The unit(s) were installed less than a month ago, new out of the box.

I will check the software version and update if necessary, but it's probably safe to assume it is the most recent iteration due to newness of equipment.

The auto to manual sounds like a good bet; I'll field test that solution during my next outing.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

*Also - edit to original equipment list...the transducer is an M260, not the 265. Sorry for the typo.

Sean
08-25-17, 03:02 PM
You're welcome.