Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St ng and ST60's
08-27-17, 07:15 PM
St ng and ST60's
I am in the process of installing a number of new RM items and building a ST ng network. I have searched a number of postings and have not been able to find any information on the following:

Is it possible to connect my existing St60 Depth Speed to the St Ng network and have them connected to A22111 stng transducer, the ST 60 wind transducer connected to the network via a Wind pod. I am planning on connecting the ST 60"s to the St Ng network via A06047 st to st ng interface.

so would the ST 60's be repeaters? Would I loose and functionality? Could the St60 multi display be connected?

The purpose is to install the requirements to just change the instruments to I50 I 60 or I70's in the future.

I have a P70s pilot control, my plan is to connect it directly from the St ng port to an existing SG2 course computer. I have read suggestions the P70 should go thru the A06047 into the ST1 network then to the Sg2 and I have also read to wire the P70s directly to the SG2 ( it bridges directly) .

The balance of the new items will all be connected to the St Ng net, they include E95 C95 AIS650 Rd418D I70 ( dual helm sailboat ) Ray 260 and RS130.

Thanks in advance as I do not want to buy the A22111 in advance if it will not work, I already have the windpod for ST ng

David Fletcher
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-17, 03:01 PM
RE: St ng and ST60's
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

The A06047 would not be used for the specified purpose. Instead, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit would need to be installed as a backbone component within the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which will be constructed. The unpowered SeaTalk bus to which the ST60 instrument displays, S2G (red SeaTalk lead must not be used), and p70 autopilot control heads are interfaced will be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket (yellow) of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. As the p70 autopilot control heads will be controlling an autopilot lacking a SeaTalkng communications interface (but having a SeaTalk communications interface), they must be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus rather than to the SeaTalkng backbone.

The e95 MFD, c95 MFD, AIS650, I70 MFID, Ray 260, RS130, and A22111 DST800 transducer will each be interfaced to its own spur socket within the aforementioned backbone. Should a system feature an A22111 DST800, then it must also feature an i70/i70S MFID to permit calibration, offsets, alarms to be set in conjunction with the DST800. When used with a A22111 DST800, ST60 Depth, Speed, and Tridata instruments can simply function as repeater displays.
08-28-17, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-17 07:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks Chuck

One additional question, would you suggest configuring the ST60 wind as a repeater with a seatalkng wind pod connected to the st ng bus or leaving it as an analog unit configured as a master?
08-29-17, 08:27 AM
David,

I would recommend interfacing all instrument transducers to the iTC-5 and then configuring the ST60 Instruments as repeaters. Please note that each SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter will support a SeaTalk bus of up to five SeaTalk devices. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
08-30-17, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-17 02:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck

would that include removing the rudder reference from the SG2 and connecting it to an ITC-5. As I already own a STng wind pod could I just add a A22111 and accomplish the same as the ITC-5
08-30-17, 02:52 PM
David,

Q1. would that include removing the rudder reference from the SG2 and connecting it to an ITC-5
A1. Negative. In systems featuring an autopilot, the rudder reference transducer should always be interfaced directly to the autopilot course computer / ACU.