Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic / radar
08-29-17, 11:32 AM
E120 Classic / radar
Hello,

I have a boat new to me (2003) equipped with 2Kw Radome and E120 Classic MFD. I cannot get the menu on the MFD to show the "turn-on" soft key for the radar scanner. Suggestions?

Mel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-17, 02:56 PM
RE: E120 Classic / radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mel,

When viewing the MFD's Radar application page, the radar ON/OFF and TX/Standby function keys are accessed via a quick press of the MFD's POWER button. Have you been able to locate these function keys? The radome will default to ON and Standby state when the MFD is first powered ON.
10-23-17, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-17 01:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you. i have found the issue, and now can access the menu keys. However, a new problem is that when I turn the radar to transmit, my GPS signal quits. I cannot reset the GPS without turning off radar transmit. My GPS antenna is beside the Radome. Is this likely to be the issue?

Regards, Mel
10-23-17, 01:32 PM
Mel,

The RF emissions from the radome may well be interfering with GPS satellite signal reception should the GPS sensor / antenna be installed above or below the radome's
radar beam. This problem may also be caused by insufficient power. The latter may be verified by connecting the vessel to shore power, permitting its batteries to become fully charged, and afterwards while still connected to shore power, then testing the system. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the GPS sensor be relocated.
10-23-17, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-17 02:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for your prompt response. No problem with power, so looks like I have to relocate my GPS Antenna. It now sits right beside the Radome on the same level. I recently shortened my radar tower so my boat would fit in my boathouse.
10-23-17, 02:33 PM
You're welcome.