Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing of Axioms
08-21-17, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-17 01:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Crashing of Axioms
I have a problem with two Axiom installation when one unit hangs before switch on?
The led is a dull red and no amount of persuasion gets the unit to turn on without toggling the circuit breaker.
The software is latest 3.1.96
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-17, 09:36 AM
RE: Crashing of Axioms
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum organum,

When the problem is observed, are you switching the Axiom MFD ON via its power switch or via the circuit which is supplying the MFD with power? If a microSD memory card is present within the MFD's memory card reader, does it contain any files other than chart files (ex. software update files, etc.)?
08-22-17, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-17 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Switching on via the unit's on/off switch. The power LED displays a dull red which tells me to toggle the supply breaker, then the LED is normal and the unit switches on.

AFAIK there are no other files and after the power reset the unit performs normally.

One thing I did think about is the power on sequence. On this occasion I had powered the slave on first. I will check on the boat today.

Thanks

BTW I tried to add a video from my iPad but the forum reports format not valid.

Thanks
08-23-17, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-17 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
organum,

Within a system featuring more than one MFD, it is recommended that the Data Master MFD be switched ON first. In systems having more than one MFD, it is recommended that the operator not interact with the MFDs until each MFD (particularly the Data Master MFD) has completed startup initialization. Such interaction may result in incomplete data communications within the system.
As Raymarine MFDs feature a last power state memory feature, should both of the MFDs always be switched ON when the system is used, then you may want to consider simply switching the MFD's ON/OFF via the circuit breaker which is supplying power to the MFDs. I follow this recommendation onboard my own vessel, which is equipped with five MFDs.

Should you respond with the file type, then I will add it to the list of support file types. Given the file sizes of video files, it is recommended that video files be kept as short as possible or better yet, that the video be posted on another site and a link to the video may then be included within the thread/post.
08-29-17, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-17 01:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have now ensured the master is allowed to complete initialisation before switching on the slave but still it hangs. The breaker fix does work but is well hidden in a panel in the guest cabin so difficult to access quickly.

I feel this is a definite bug and have asked my installing company to fix.

The video was a .Mov from an iPad.
08-29-17, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-17 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
organum,

I have added .mov files up to 10MB to the list of supported file attachments. Given the symptoms and actions taken thus far, your suggestion to have installer correct the problem would indeed be recommended. In this case I would recommend having the installer replace the problematic MFD.
08-31-17, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-17 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the suggestion. I will contact the installer.
08-31-17, 09:15 AM
You're welcome.