Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum radar disconnecting constantly with LH 3.1 and Axiom
09-01-17, 07:01 PM
Quantum radar disconnecting constantly with LH 3.1 and Axiom
I have had a Quantum radar connected via WiFi to an es78 MFD for 8 months with no issues. I used the radar in all situations I could think of without any problems, even at the dock before leaving, where there are tons of other competing WiFi signals, with no issues.

Since replacing the es78 with an Axiom 9" and running Lighthouse 3, the radar has become very unstable. Every time I use it, it disconnects from the MFD after a period of time, usually 1-2 hours. I can try to get it to connect again by going into the Radar screen on the Axiom and hitting On/Connect, but it usually fails 3 times and then may connect. Most of the time it requires me dropping the power to the radar (and thereby all my other instruments) to get it back.

Nothing else has changed on the boat that could be affecting this as far as I can think of, other than swapping out the es78 for the Axiom, so I assume it is either the WiFi chip on the Axiom, or Lighthouse 3.1. I am running the newest 3.1.96 software issued in July for the Axiom.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-17, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-17 10:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Quantum radar disconnecting constantly with LH 3.1 and Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

We're sorry to learn that you are experiencing intermittent Wi-Fi communications between your Axiom MFD and Quantum radome. Raymarine has received some reports of this issue and has been investigating the cause of the reported issue. In most cases, the issue has been caused by marginal signal strength received from the MFD at the installation location of the Quantum radome. Please click here and refer to step 1 of the FAQ addressing this subject. Should the problem persist, then please specify the MFD's Wi-Fi signal strength measured at the Quantum radome's installation location.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply