Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e125 keys falling off
09-05-17, 01:39 PM
e125 keys falling off
I took my boat out yesterday and when I pressed the Menu key on my e125 it "popped" off. Luckily I was able to retrieve it.

The + - key also came off.

Does anybody know what glue or technique to use to get them back where they belong?

Thank you All.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-17, 11:18 AM
RE: e125 keys falling off
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum javespe ,

Raymarine does not have a recommended adhesive for this application. Should the reported issue occur then the R70151 c9x/e9x MFD Key Mat should be removed and replaced. The key mat of c/e-Series MFDs is held in place by the MFD's trim bezel and tabs on its left side. After removing the trim bezel, the key mat simply lifts from the MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may purchase parts for one's Raymarine products.
09-07-17, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the info Chuck.

However, I am a bit puzzled about what I need to do. Are you referring to the bezel which goes around the entire perimeter of the unit? (See Attached Photo).

The keymat/buttons are completely intact for both and show spots on their undersides that resemble some sort of adhesive used to secure the keys to the buttons.

Is there a diagram somewhere for reference? Sounds extreme to replace the entire mat when its just the keys that peeled off.

(09-06-17 11:18 AM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Welcome to the Raymarine Forum javespe ,

Raymarine does not have a recommended adhesive for this application. Should the reported issue occur then the R70151 c9x/e9x MFD Key Mat should be removed and replaced. The key mat of c/e-Series MFDs is held in place by the MFD's trim bezel and tabs on its left side. After removing the trim bezel, the key mat simply lifts from the MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may purchase parts for one's Raymarine products.
09-07-17, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-17 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
javespe,

Q1. Are you referring to the bezel which goes around the entire perimeter of the unit? (See Attached Photo).
A1. Yes. Should you look at the Section 5.2 Mounting - c Series and e Series of the a/c/e-Series Installation Instructions you will find the referenced diagram and see that the gun metal colored bezel clips onto the frame of the MFD after it has been installed on the mounting surface. After removing the bezel (may require the that the MFD be removed from its mounting surface) the key mat simply lifts off. Alternatively, this service may be rendered by a Certified Raymarine Installer or by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.