Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fluid Level Sensors - Maretron or Garmin
09-07-17, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Fluid Level Sensors - Maretron or Garmin
Question for those of you who have added the Maretron TLA100 or Garmin GFL 10..

How did you configure them?? According to each manufacturer, you must use one of their compatible devices to configure the Fluid Level Sensors...

I have not seen 1 post that says a Raymarine device, specifically a MDF, can configure either of these 2, so what are you guys doing to configure them?

Im looking to add these on top of my analog gauges to be able to display the data through the NMEA2000 network to my ES97.

Some of the configuration points that I see as important for configuring are...

Tank Type
Tank Number
Operating Mode
Tank Capacity
Resistive Sender
Calibrating

I dont have a Maretron or a Garmin in my System, just a ES97 and i70s... So what is everyone doing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-17, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Fluid Level Sensors - Maretron or Garmin
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum headshothills,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, calibration of third party sensors may require third party hardware and or computer software from the sensor's manufacturer. MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 or later software will support tank level sensor calibration in system featuring the specified models of tank level sensors specified within the FAQ referenced above.
05-28-19, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Does Raymarine have any sensors for tank levels or fuel flow rates that it can configure? I have an Axiom 12 now and don't want another interface device. I have no where for it to go. Help needed as I want to grow the use of my investment but it seems to be limited in its capabilities?
05-28-19, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Toles,

As indicated above, MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 or later software will support tank level sensor calibration in system featuring the specified models of tank level sensors specified within the FAQ referenced above. While any NMEA 2000 certified fuel flow sensor(s) may be used with Raymarine products, any calibration or configuration (ex. for Instance ID) may need to be configured via a display or configuration hardware/software offered by the sensor's manufacturer.